Student transportation is an integral and significant component of education enterprise. The School is committed to provide safe, effective and efficient transport.
- Choice of bus colour, Signage and measures for safety shall be in accordance with the laws enforced by the transport authority.
- All buses carry School logo, contact address, telephone number, e mail address and web address.
- One student per seat is allocated.
- No standing allowed.
- First Aid box is available with driver/conductor duly trained.
- Driver/conductor wears uniform and carries name tag/photograph.
- All bus attendants (conductors) are to be provided with a mobile phone with specific instructions as its.
- Each Bus-in-charge shall maintain a bus attendance register and mark for the student’s presence/absence.
- Route maps, bus number, and schedules along with driver’s name/ photograph are t,,‘ communicated to parents / are displayed.
- Communication’ – is the key.
- Route wise bus schedule for transporting students from home to school and from school to home will be drawn and communicated to parents, students, teachers and all other staff.
- Any change will have to be communicated to parents, students and teachers a week in advance and not later than a day before.
- Rescheduling of buses for a day to facilitate bussing users to an event must be informed to all due to be affected by such change.
- All changes need to be duly approved by the Principal and his/her designate before communicating.
The Liability of payment of Fines will rest with the Bus Driver in case of violation of the Traffic Rule.
Student Code of Conduct on School Buses
- Students shall obey the school bus in charge assigned to the school bus by the school. The school bus driver is in full charge of the bus and passengers and shall be obeyed. When transporting classes or teams, the teacher or coach shall be primarily responsible for the behaviour of the students. Students shall obey the school bus driver and the teacher, coach, or other staff member.
- Students shall ride only on their assigned school bus unless written permission to do otherwise has been received by school officials.
- Students shall not be permitted to leave the school bus except at their regular stop unless written permission to do otherwise is received by school officials.
- Students who are assigned seats shall use only that seat unless permission to change is authorized by the bus in charge.
- Students shall observe rules of classroom conduct while riding school buses. Noise shall be kept down to avoid distracting the school bus driver.
- Students shall not smoke or ignite lighters or matches on school buses. Students not adhering to this are liable for expulsion.
- Students shall not eat on school buses except when specially authorized and supervised by an accompanying teacher, coach, or other staff member. School buses shall be kept clean.
- Students shall not open school bus windows without the school bus driver’s permission.
- Students shall not extend any part of their body out of school bus windows at any time.
- Students shall not carry or have in their possession items that can cause injury to passengers on the school bus. Such items include, but are not limited to, sticks, crackers breakable containers, straps or pins protruding from clothing, and large, bulky items which cannot be held or placed between the knees. Books and personal belongings shall be kept out of the aisles.
- Students must remain seated and facing forward while the bus is in motion.
- Never cross behind the bus and always watch for the driver to signal in case of an emergency.
Students are expected to be at the bus stop five minutes prior to the bus arrival time and remain off the road while waiting for the bus. Any misconduct by a student, which, in the opinion of the school bus driver or bus supervisor, is detrimental to the safe operation of the & school bus, shall be sufficient cause for the principal to suspend the transportation privilege.
When investigating the incident, the primary concern must be the safe transport of students. Corrective action, if necessary, should be consistent throughout the district as follows
Warning – When a student’s misconduct is of a minor nature which does not jeopardize the safety or welfare of other students or the operation of the school bus.
Suspension – When a student’s misconduct is deemed to jeopardize the safety of school bus passengers or the operation of the school bus or when repeated warning notices fail to correct abusive behaviour or when a student incurs damage to the school bus.
Bus Attendance – The bus in charge will take the attendance of all students in the bus.